Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Husbands Command to Love

This is really just a quick though I wanted to blog about, so I'm not gonna get super in depth with this, though I very easily can.

For those that don't know, this past Saturday, Jan. 23rd, I got married to my very incredible wife. At the wedding, we did our own vows. In mine, I quoted Ephesians 5: 25 "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her".

Now, when you sit down and think about this, as husbands, we are commanded to unconditionally love our wives the same way Christ loves the church. We are commanded to do something that is impossible for us to do on our own. It is only by relying on God, and His love and wisdom, that we can love our wives as Christ loves the church.

So, to you married men out there, rely on God's help to love your wives as Christ loves the church.

For a better idea as to what marriage is supposed to look like, read Ephesians 5: 22-33.


If you like what you read, please subscribe via RSS or E-mail for free today. If you have some feedback, please leave a comment below. All comments are welcome.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Michael Lantz said...

I agree with you,that we ought to love our spouses the same way that God loves the church.The bible is the authorative word of God.My pastor has a saying"God said it,that settles it,I believe it".