Thursday, October 22, 2009

Should He Be Writing a Book on That???

I'm probably gonna make a lot of people not like me very much, but this really struck me odd and I gotta say something. Should a person who wrote a book on how to have purpose in life, and in the process used a lot of verses from the Bible out of context to get his point across, be writing a book on Bible study method? I'd say no, but it happened.

That's right, I couldn't believe it either, but "America's pastor" Rick Warren has written a book called, "Bible Study Methods: 12 Ways You Can Unlock God's Word". I can only imagine that one of the topics would be, how to make any verse mean what you want it to mean.

I do give him credit though, I have not seen his face on the front cover of any of his books. I tend to be a bit cautious of books that have a picture of the author dominating the front cover, like Joel Olsteen, but that's another discussion perhaps.

If you like what you read, please subscribe via RSS or E-mail for free today. If you have some feedback, please leave a comment below. All comments are welcome.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

Michael Lantz said...

The only book I believe to be true,is the holy bible.I believe that he has the right to write a book,but I also believe that people have the right to not buy the book either.That is why we have freedom of choice.